Friday 22 July 2011

Scene: Outside Notting Hill Gate Station, London.
I am approaching a man with a gold tooth trying to get his attention.
Me: (clears throat) Do you have a light?
Gold-tooth Man: Yes, darling! Sorry, I was miles away. (Hands me his lighter and I light my cigarette).
Me: Thank you. (I light my cigarette and the light back).

[SHORTLY AFTER, WHILE I AM SMOKING CIGARETTE]

A short Big Issue seller standing nearby with a dog, who is pissing everywhere.
Big Issue Man: Big Issue!
Tall Police-man (approaches him): Can you move your dog please?
Big Issue Man: What's the problem, man, just because I am not English?
Policeman: No, your dog is pissing and shitting everywhere.
Big Issue Man (getting aggressive, looking up to policeman): Hey! If ai was English it wooodn be a problem!
Policeman: Do you want to relax, or we can go and sort this in the station?
Big Issue Man: Racist!
Policeman (losing his temper): No...Me policeman (points to himself). You Big Issue Man (points to man). So shut UP!
Big Issue Man: Okay.
Policeman: Please move your dog.
Big Issue Man: Okay.

Big Issue Man and Policeman walk away together.

The End. :)

I love London.

No comments: