Friday 8 July 2011

In Between

Don't hate me just because I am different,
Or because I don't sing the same song as you.
We may not be the same Colour,
Religion, or Age;
But we can share the same view.

So don't reject me because I look different,
Or because I speak in a funny way.
We may speak a different language,
But, halas ana naas kamen.
I am like you come what may.

I breathe,
I sleep,
I wake,
I talk,
I laugh,
I cry.

So do you.

So don't envy me because I seem different,
Or because everything I do challenges your thoughts.
We came into the world the same way.
We will all die someday,
And leave behind the reasons we fought.

La politique change des effets de la vue de vos yeux,
La famille, aussi.
But if you strip away the prejudices,
You'll see that I am me,
Like you.

So don't reject me because I am different,
Or not try and find out because it is hard,
To see.
We are all,
In-Between,
In our thoughts and influences.

Let us have less of 'Myself' and more of 'We'.

No comments: